T/A Shadewell Blinds
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we are referring to the separate and distinct legal entity that makes up Ironstyles ltd.
- Ironstyles Ltd Trading as ‘Shadewell Blinds’ Limited (registered office: 72 – 74 |Trinity Lane, Hinckley, Leics, LE100BH)
What sorts of information do we hold?
– Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
– Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
– Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
– Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services;
How do we use your information?
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our Services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you purchase, so we can serve you better;
- Find ways to improve our Services, showroom and websites;
- Contact you about products we sell and what services we offer;
- Provide for the safety and security of our customers; and Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who we might share your information with?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Our service providers
Where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
Other organisations and individuals:
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of a business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers – but only so they can evaluate that business;
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you;
- If required by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of “Shadewell Blinds’ from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences,
you can do so either emailing
(Please mark for the attention of DPO office)
or by calling our Customer Care Team on 01455 238428
Access and correction of your personal information.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
(HMRC at April 2018 states that we must keep 7 years of accounts)
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
(Please mark for the attention of DPO officer)
By post: Data Protection Officer, 72-74 Trinity Lane, Hinckley, Leics LE10 0BH
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk concerns to find out more.
This policy was last updated May 2019.